Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Journal of Agricultural Research- Lupine Publishers




Developing seeds with a high level of tolerance against salinity and water shortage scan guarantee best seedling establishment in arid and semi-arid agricultural lands. This three-year field, laboratory and greenhouse study proposes the surfactant application to effectively prevent the detrimental impacts of severe environmental conditions on the development of parental plants. The germination rate of six parental seeds of berseem clovers (Trifolium alexandrinum L.) from I100 (100% irrigation water)/I100+s (irrigation water with surfactant, s), I75/I75+s and I50/I50+s treatments are studied under seven osmotic salinity potentials (0, -0.2, -0.4, -0.6, -0.8, -1, and -1.2MPa). Plants from seeds developed by surfactant in full and moderate limited irrigation (I100 and I75) show a favorable germination percentage when under saline stress treatments of -0.4 and -0.8MPa. The highest seedling lengths of 10.2 and 10.3cm were achieved for the seeds produced from I75 and I100+s treatments, respectively- Lupine Publishers.


For more Lupine Publishers Open Access Journals Please visit our website
For more Journal of Agricultural Research articles Please Click Here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lupine Publishers Journal of Agriculture and Current Research

Nutrients Intake and Digestibility of Wild Cocoyam (Caladium Bicolor) based Diets by West African Dwarf Bucks Abstract   Feed consumed by ...